FIRST ROBOTICS ONTARIO PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIPS (April 14-16)
Location: Paramount Fine Foods Centre
Not On Sale
Show Time: 8:00 am
Canada’s largest high school robotics event in partnership with the City of Mississauga and Tourism Mississauga will host the Ontario Provincial Championships April 14-16, 2022 (8:00 am-5:00 pm).
Attendance at this event is by invite only. You must provide your Ontario enhanced vaccination certificate with official QR code to enter and wear a mask while in attendance.
FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) is a non-profit organization encouraging kids in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM). Under strict time limitations, high school students design and build 120-pound robots that compete on a playing field to complete tasks. Students program and test their machines using skills in engineering, coding, and design. Teams also develop business and marketing plans, as well as outreach initiatives to fundraise and engage their local community.
Students have worked hard to build, program and test their machines using skills in engineering, coding, and design. Teams also developed business and marketing plans, as well as outreach initiatives including fundraising and community engagement. Teams with the highest rankings and awards will move onto the District Championships at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. Rankings at this Championship will decide who moves onto the FRC World Championship in Houston, TX.
This year, FIRST teams will address today’s global challenges related to United Nations Sustainable Development Goal #9, focused on building resilient infrastructure, promoting inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and fostering innovation. By encouraging FIRST participants to think about future transportation sustainability, we’re also empowering them to be the next generation of leaders and innovators, tackling the world’s toughest challenges.
Tune in to watch the livestream at twitch.tv/FIRSTCanada
- Effective March 1, capacity limits for ticketed events will increase to 100 per cent in accordance with new regulations.
- Attendance at this event is by invite only.
- You must provide your Ontario enhanced vaccination certificate with official QR code to enter.
- You must wear a mask while in attendance.
- Food and beverage service will be available.
Learn more about our We Are Live
welcome back guide including important information you'll need to know when attending events at Paramount Fine Foods Centre!
Where to get your vaccine receipt
You can download and print your vaccination receipt from the provincial booking portal
. If you need a printer, visit any Mississauga Library location to print a copy of your vaccine receipt for free.
If your proof of vaccination is not in English or French, you need a certified translation
in English or French. Your certified translation must include the stamp or membership number of a professional translation association. Paper versions of International Proof of Vaccinations will be accepted with a valid travel passport.
- *In accordance with Ministry of Health guidance, an individual is considered fully vaccinated if they have received:
- the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines;
- or, one or two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada, followed by one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA vaccine authorized by Health Canada;
- or, three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine not authorized by Health Canada;
- and, they received their final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before providing the proof of being fully vaccinated.
- Identification that includes name and birth date, such as health card, driver’s licence or citizenship card. Photo ID is not required. Student ID cards are not accepted.
Please note that all bags will be searched prior to entering the venue. Bags, backpacks or purses cannot be larger than 14”x 14”x 6” and are not permitted in the venue.
For the safety and comfort of all fans, the Paramount Fine Foods Centre may prohibit any other item deemed to be a security risk or inhibits other fans’ enjoyment of an event. All guests are subject to inspection. Venue management reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone.
NOTE: Strollers are not permitted inside the Paramount Fine Foods Centre during various other events. The Paramount Fine Foods Centre does not have an area to check in or hold strollers or personal items, and as such should not be brought to the facility.
Please review our prohibited items list
Please review our general policies
for various topics, including photo policies, media access, child tickets, and more.