The Paramount Fine Foods Centre is committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable entertainment experience for all fans. The Region of Peel with City of Mississauga staff and bylaw enforcement will be implementing the Smoke-Free Ontario Act legislation at Paramount Fine Foods Centre.
- The legislation prohibits cannabis smoking (both recreational and medicinal), as well as vaping, in areas where tobacco smoking is already prohibited. This currently includes enclosed public places, enclosed workplaces, children’s playgrounds and public areas 20 meters of playgrounds, sporting areas owned by a municipality (excluding golf courses), adjacent spectator areas, school property, and public areas within 20 meters of these places.
- The legislation prohibits smoking (cannabis & tobacco) and vaping specifically in:
- The outdoor grounds of community recreational facilities and public areas within 20 meters of the grounds, including parking lots, loading docks, and building entrances.
- Public areas within 20 meters of the perimeter of elementary or secondary school grounds
- Public areas within 9 meters of restaurant and bar patios
Details of the legislation can be found here Smoke-Free Ontario Act, 2017 (SFOA, 2017)